Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Dreams

I've been reading lately in a few books and pregnancy guides that women often start having strange dreams about their unborn child. Usually, these dreams are troubling, such as the baby being deformed, or something. And so the truth seems to hold... Except what the books don't talk about is the father having similar strange dreams, right along side me! On the same night!

Not that strange dreams are any new subject for me, certainly, but I guess I haven't dreamed much about babies in the past. Nor, I don't think, has Joe.

In my dream, I was with my Mom and this dark-haired, dark-eyed baby boy that, try as I might, I had no memory of having. The baby was tiny, about 10 inches in length, but acted about 3 months of age, holding its head up, pulling faces and smiling at everyone. It never cried or made much noise, and despite my mom telling me that I would get used to taking care of him, I was afraid to even pick him up because I hadn't a clue how to go about it. Much less, anything else.

All peculiar enough, but then Joe dreamt that he was the one who delivered this little baby, and that it, too, was tiny, about 10 inches, and absolutely covered in a thick, luxurious mat of black hair.

Usually I'm pretty good at interpreting dreams, but these seem to have me at a loss. I guess, on the bright side, despite being small, the baby was healthy in both dreams! Just hairy...

4 comments:

  1. I snorted out a Cracklin' Oat Bran when I read that your baby had a luxurious pelt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where is NaNa's dreambook when you really need it? From what I remember, hair, usually means "healthy", whether it is yours or somebody else. Talking to your mom in a dream is "confirmation" or security. Everything else is "anxiety" driven - or you ate pepperoni pizza late at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! my computer lets me leave comments now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL they only get better! Wait for the one your baby goes from one place in the house to another without you knowing it moved!!! Or where all of a sudden you had not a baby but a 2 year old and you're wondering "how the heck did I pop that one out!!!! OUCH!" Love ya Kell, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete