Friday, January 15, 2010

The Bunn

This is the waiting period. The time between the positive at-home pregnancy tests and the official First Doctors Visit. This first week of mine has been full of what-ifs and a lot of being told how horrible this is going to be, financially, physically, emotionally, and apparently by the end of the whole ordeal, I will find myself in Labor and Delivery screaming to my husband, "If you EVER touch me again, so help me...!!"

I'm inclined to remain optimistic. In fact, despite the reinforcement of the possibility that this could be the worst nine months of my life, I find myself wondering about things like: What will I look like? Will I be the little Basketball-Belly Mom? Will I be the All-Out-Front Mom? Or will I be Penguin Mom?

I'm definitely hoping for the former, not the latter. But I guess time will tell there. Right now, I just feel and look like I've had a little too much to eat. (Mom, I'll spare the naked belly pictures for now.)

In the meantime, I'll continue to "eat for two," even though it feels like I have to force myself most of the time. I'm telling myself that it's not attached yet, so I'm not technically eating for two. Yet. As far as I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment