Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 6

The last few days have been anything but exciting. Poor Joe's come down with pneumonia, and that makes things around here quite lonely. So while he confines himself to the couch, I fussbudget around and try not to "catch" anything. If it weren't for Hunter and the Birds, I don't know what I'd do!

In other news, last week we had our Confirmation Visit with the doctor. How exciting. And pretty much, that's all it was. Yep, you're pregnant! Now what?

In another week we go back to see the first 8 week ultra sound. I'm guessing it's to give the doctor a better idea of age.

I've also had my first full-fledged bout of real live morning sickness! Up till now I was beginning to wonder if I would get it at all. But after the initial 48 hours of constant nausea (and I'm not exaggerating), I found myself with my head in the kitchen sink this morning thinking to myself, "I haven't thrown up in two years!" Literally, two years! So much for records.

But, being optimistic, despite how miserable I feel (although admittedly, I felt like a million bucks immediately after the five-minute episode, thinking, "oh,that hurts... Hey! What do you know? That's, like, a killer ab workout!"), I suppose it does mean that the hormones are doing their thing, right?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Mother's Curse worked! Oh, how I remember the 10 1/2 months of morning sickness with one little brown eyed babe! Get out of bed (bleh), eat a cracker (bleh), take a shower (bleh), go to work (bleh), etc, etc. Then the day finally arrived and there she was, so happy, so proud and (bleh). 1 month checkup at the doctors (bleh). Enough Already!! Eventhough not more than 2 bites of a meal ever stayed down, you were still a happy, beautiful, plump little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete